Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Another Small Home Improvement Project - Master Bedroom Carpet & Reveal



I am super proud of this project.  I didn't have a lot of time or a lot of budget and I still managed to pull it off in only nine days.  And the end results are everything I was hoping for.

I sealed up the rough old plywood subfloor with a good
coat of latex paint purchased from the Home Depot Ooops! shelf

Once the paint had dried the only thing left for me to do was lay the carpet.  Nothing fancy here just a basically square room so I was able to complete this task in under two hours and I absolutely love it!  This carpet is clean, pretty and oh so very soft on my little bare feet.  Installation was easy and straightforward too.

Wow!

My blank canvas

When I was done I vacuumed the floor and then it was time to move in!

I love this bed set!

I wanted to keep it pretty minimalist in here.  Simple, clean and uncluttered, but also pretty.  I think I accomplished that rather well.

I've had the wicker chair for several years

I brought up my queen sized bed, my nightstand and lamp, my wicker armchair and added my great grandmother's antique table after giving it a quick spruce up.  My clothes and shoes went into the closet and all the stuff that was being stored on our bathroom floor was put away in the linen closet.


I re-used items I already had to organize and furnish this room.  I did splurge and purchase a new set of light blocking thermal curtains for the bedroom window.  They were $9.98 per panel and I got two.  I reused my curtain rod and hardware though so I didn't need to buy another one.

The A/C unit isn't the most attractive thing
in the room but when it is over 100 I sure do appreciate it

Our cat wasted no time moving in

What do you think?

Linen closet put back in order

I love it!  It is clean, new, fresh, quiet, calm and serene.  And I've had several really good night's sleep in here since I moved back in.  I am so happy I was able to make this home improvement happen this summer.

Our main bathroom complete with saw

So, where do you think I'm off to next?



18 comments:

  1. I think it is a wonderful makeover! Well done! I am anxious to see your next project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Candace! I can hardly wait to show the next one. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow. Looks like a boutique hotel. And hahaha at the cat :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job and what a lovely fresh room. I also look forward to seeing what you are going to do next. Well done to you for your hard work and learning to do all those jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looks so fresh and pretty! Really, a job very well done for such a tight budget. I assume the carpet is the same squares that worked so well for your living room?

    Your cat is just hilarious! One of our former cats loved to burrow, too.

    I think your next project is the room you moved out of downstairs! Because your older daughter is going to need a place to stay when she comes home to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. Yes and I love it.

      Next up is our main bathroom and her bedroom is on the docket for next month. I have until Thanksgiving to get it done. I think I can handle it.

      Delete
  5. Love it! Looks so nice and peaceful. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing. I am so impressed by your hard work and desire to have a home that is "you". Really nice. Lumpy bed cat is too funny.
    Barb in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb. I am really enjoying these projects and the final outcome. And yes, our cat is a pill! :)

      Delete
  7. On my goodness, I am so impressed with your energy and talents. The room looks wonderful. You have inspired me to spruce up my basement. I am slowly dejunking, deep cleaning, and painting each room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of work, isn't it? But it sure does feel good when we get a room completed. Makes it all worth it. Good luck with the basement! :)

      Delete
  8. Looks terrific, a place to escape and relax. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...