Sunday, November 27, 2011

Easy Cooked Rice – No Steamer Required

I like to keep my kitchen small appliances to a minimum so owning a rice and vegetable steamer is definitely not on my must-have list.  I don’t think I have a space left in my little kitchen to put a steamer if I had one. 

Making rice is so simple and I have an easy way to make it perfect every time:
 

In a heavy pan with a lid bring 2 cups of water to a boil.

Reduce heat to medium and stir in 1 cup long grain rice.
Place lid offset onto pan.  I like to use my wooden spoon to lift it up a little to help prevent boil over.  Set timer to 5 minutes.

After 5 minutes turn off burner and thoroughly stir rice so there are no lumps.
Place lid on tight and set timer for 20 minutes.  Walk away.

After 20 minutes fluff rice with a spoon and serve. 

It turns out perfect every time!


Rice Ratios: 

4 Servings = 2 cups Water + 1 cup Rice

6 Servings = 3 cups Water + 1½ cups Rice

8 Servings = 4 cups Water + 2 cups Rice

10 Servings = 5 cups Water + 2½ cups Rice

12 Servings = 6 cups Water + 3 cups Rice


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...