We were able to get this project constructed over a period of four days, two of which were work days so just a couple hours available, but it really went together pretty quick.
We acquired our supplies and stained all of our wood on Saturday. I even sprayed the brackets with black spray paint so they would blend in and not stick out like a sore thumb. Speaking of which there were no sore thumbs due to this project.
I opted to use PVC lattice on top for a couple reasons. Number one being that I did not relish the idea of staining wood lattice at all. The other was for the look of it and the durability.
Once the pergola was complete we cleaned up our tools and construction mess and I moved our stored lumber and supplies. Then we put the patio furniture back in place and we are enjoying it immensely. I still have loads of ideas of more things to do out here, but for now I am just really happy with it.