Monday, August 25, 2014

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


I have embarked on a whirlwind crazy week this week that started quite early so I wasn't able to get my usual post up on the blog this morning.  But, better late than never.  Right?

Last week I watched a TV show on Hulu and a BBC mini serious Lady Chatterley on YouTube.  Both programs were free.  I also listened to music on YouTube.

We continued to eat primarily from our pantry and freezer.  I shopped for lettuce, spinach, a package of tortillas and a half gallon of milk to round out what we had in our pantry and freezer.  I also bought a package of hotdogs to use up the last of our hot dog buns.

We gave our kitchen scraps to the neighbor's chickens.

Pantry meals this week included stroganoff by using up a package of ground beef, half an onion, a large can of cream of mushroom soup, some sour milk and rice for Sunday dinner.  Monday I used up the last ball of dough in the freezer, the mozzarella and the rest of the sauce I had set aside to make a cheese pizza.  Tuesday we polished off the last of the stroganoff.  Wednesday we had hot dogs for supper.  Thursday I used up a package of ground turkey, a package of fideo pasta and a can of diced tomatoes and made up a batch of Sopa Seca.  Friday we thawed out a bowl of beanless chili and made nachos.  Saturday we finished up the leftover Sopa Seca.

Not much going on last week in the thrifty department.  How was your thrifty week?

2 comments:

  1. Yumm! Your stroganoff sounds good!!
    This morning I went to the grocery store to get milk and as I was passing the meat I found a managers special on split chicken breasts for $1.20/lb. Even though we have plenty of chicken in the house I couldn't resist buying a package of them. So tonight for dinner I making a huge bowl of chicken salad and using what's left for everyone's lunches the rest of the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Great price on the chicken. I'm jealous. Chicken salad sounds wonderful.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...