Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Pizza Dough Cinnamon Rolls


We love homemade cinnamon rolls.  Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of time to make them so I was hoping to find a solution to cut down on the overall time required to make them.  Thanks to my pizza dough recipe I was able to cut that time from about 3 hours to around an hour and a half, not including the time it takes to bake them.  And guess what?  They are really, really good.

I tweaked my dough recipe a little by increasing the sugar to 3 Tbs. and adding 1 tsp. of cinnamon.  After mixing the dough in my bread machine I let it rest 15 minutes.  Meanwhile, I mixed 1/2 cup of sugar with 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg.


I rolled the dough out on a floured surface into a nice rectangle about 1/4" thick.  After sprinkling the sugar mixture onto the dough I rolled it up and used a length of unflavored dental floss to cut the roll into 1 inch slices.


I arranged the slices into a buttered 9" X 13" oblong baking dish, covered it with a tea towel and set it in a warm draft free place for 45 minutes.  Then I preheated the oven to 400° and baked the rolls for 30 minutes.

You can leave them plain or ice them with your favorite icing.  We like ours iced.


I take 1/4 cup of Neufchatel cheese (or cream cheese) set out so it is room temperature and mix it with 2 cups of powdered sugar and 2 Tbs. milk.  You can add more milk or sugar to get the thickness you like.

On Christmas I substituted eggnog for the milk and WOW!  It was so good!

So there you go.  Super easy and quite delicious.



3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! These look amazing and they sound easy to make. It's times like this when I wish you could transmit smells through the internet! :)
    Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Order a Sparkling White Smiles Custom Teeth Whitening System online and SAVE BIG!
    * 10 shades whiter in days!
    * Results Guaranteed.
    * As good as your dentist.
    * Same as dentists use.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...