Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Curry Chicken Salad


I got this recipe from my aunt and it is so good, oh my gosh!  Once I made this is was gone in nothing flat.  The girls and I loved it.

Curry Chicken Salad

2 cups diced cooked chicken
1/4 cup sliced water chestnuts
2 cups seedless grapes, cut in half
1 apple, cored and chopped
1/2 cup diced celery
1/4 cup slivered almonds

Dressing:

3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 - 2 tsp. curry powder
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. soy sauce

Mix all salad ingredients into a large mixing bowl.  In a small bowl whisk dressing ingredients together until well blended.  Pour dressing over salad and toss well to combine.  Chill 4 to 6 hours before serving.  Serves 6 to 8.


I used less mayonnaise than what the recipe calls for, but you can do whatever.  We ate it both as a sandwich on freshly baked whole wheat bread and as a salad. Delicious!


I love how these flavors all come together.  Refreshing and cool for a hot summer day or anytime of the year for that matter.  I'll be making this again very soon.


6 comments:

  1. We are going to the lake for the long fourth weekend. I am going to try this then. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to make this,sounds sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound good! I love a good curried chicken salad that has grapes in it. It seems to balance everything out so nicely. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...