Friday, September 30, 2022

All Done

 


This has been a hard post to write, but the time has now come to close the chapter on my blog.  It is hard to end something you've worked so hard on and put it to rest, especially after eleven wonderful years of sharing my life and meeting so many magnificent readers.  I am truly blessed and thankful to you for the stories we've shared, the encouragement we've given each other and the community that we've built here.

 

It all went by so fast!

As with anything in life things change.  My children are all grown and I no longer have anyone to parent or claim responsibility for.  I no longer do the Mom things I've been doing for the past 37 years.  I don't bargain shop for school clothes, shoes or supplies.  I don't give my children haircuts or pack their lunches in the morning.  There are no more extra-curricular activities, concerts, games and events, back-to-school nights or parent teacher conferences.

 


Over the years I've taught my children to cook, do chores, fix things, take care of animals, take care of themselves and all I know about budgeting and finances.  I've worked hard and given them the best start to their adult lives that I could and to instill a proper set of morals, values and integrity.  That part of my life is now completed.  I have done my job.

 


With that in mind my focus in life must now change.  There has been a shift in what I am now supposed to do.  I'm now a cheerleader, idea bouncer, listener and encourager.  I am no longer a parent, I'm just Mom.  It is a good place to be.

 


It is now time to move on.  The next chapter awaits as I settle into my new role.  It has been a good run and looking back I am so incredibly grateful for it all.  I've been blessed in numerous ways, no doubt about that.  But, don't worry, I won't be gone for good.  I'll still be around, it just won't be here anymore.  If you would like to continue to follow along with me, and I hope you will, I'll be over here and over here.

 


I want to give you a big hug and a huge heartfelt thank you for everything we've shared this past eleven years.  God Bless you now and long into the future.  I'll see you around.

 

27 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a job well done! 3 adults in the world with a full skillset :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so glad you will still be around. I’ll definitely be following you. Your blog has been one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you will be joining me! We're going to have fun!!

      Delete
  3. All the best to you in the next chapter of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Little Penpen ) you have done an amazing job with your girls! Do you still have plans with Laverne?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Plans for Laverne are up in the air right now.

      Delete
    2. I went to your retirement blog and read every post last night. For some reason I can’t log in to comment there. I’m having that problem more and more on different blogs. But anyway, I love how you are spending your retirement. I am impressed with your sewing skills. I love the baby doll clothes!

      Delete
    3. Oh my goodness, I bet that kept you busy! The baby doll clothes are so fun to make. I hope to do more this winter.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for guiding me all these years. Excited for your future and seeing what you do in retirement. I'm 5 years behind you, so watching you helps me prepare for that too! Will this blog continue to be available to refer back to? I use your recipes often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Wendy. Yes, I will leave it up and keep tabs on it. I know it is a resource for many. :o)

      Delete
  6. I follow your other blog but still go back to this one❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will recipes be up for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoyed your blog, and will follow you over at your retirement one now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. I have been reading your blog for several years. I am also retired for almost 4 years. I will continue reading your other blogs writing from e.Canada. I admire your determination. I also make cards and would love to send you a Xmas card. Judi from nb

      Delete
    2. I should get a PO box so we can do a Christmas card exchange. On the other blog there is a "contact me" so we can exchange addresses. I would love that.

      Delete
  10. I hadn't checked this blog lately so I'm just seeing this. I'm happy to hear you'll be posting on your other blogs and keeping this one up as a reference. Thanks so much, and I wish you the best as you keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good mothering means working your way out of a job. Bittersweet, but totally a good thing. So well done! I've not been a regular reader but have always enjoyed what you write. I'll just move over to your other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've thoroughly enjoyed the mom aspect of this blog but am also enjoying the retirement blog as my sons are young adults and retirement, while still a while away, is the next big goal. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...