Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hamburger Mushroom Gravy - A Five Ingredients or Less Recipe

I’m pretty sure I am not the first person to come up with this concoction but I do know that it is one we have used quite often to fill the void and keep the wolf from the door.  Inexpensive, filling and delicious this simple dish is a welcome part of our meal planning repertoire.  We seem to never tire of it. 

Hamburger Mushroom Gravy 

½ to 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
½ medium onion, chopped
1 10oz can mushroom soup
1 soup can milk
½ c. sour cream (optional) 

In a large saucepan over medium heat brown meat and drain.  Add onion and continue cooking until onions are tender.  Add soup and milk and stir to thoroughly combine.  Turn heat to low and allow gravy to simmer 10 to 15 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, if desired. 

Serve over egg noodles, steamed rice or mashed potatoes.  Goes great with green beans, buttered peas or a nice salad.  Serves 4. 

I like to add a tsp of dried parsley to this recipe to “dress” it up a bit.  In order to have enough for leftovers I will usually use one pound of ground beef and double the rest of the ingredients.

2 comments:

  1. My family loves this.I add a dash of worcestershire sauce to it instead of sour cream and extra sliced mushrooms if I have any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Printed this out and can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...