Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Homemade Laundry Soap Update



A few of weeks ago I mentioned I had made a batch of homemade laundry detergent.  I have been using it for the past two weeks and I have to say this – I LOVE IT!   

I was initially amazed at how quick it was to put it together.  I expected the grating of the soap to be a bit of a chore but it is soft enough that it grated very quickly on my standard kitchen grater.  The soap residue rinsed right off with no problem too. 

The first thing I noticed when I actually used it was how fresh and clean the clothes smelled as I was loading them into the dryer.  Lately I had noticed that our bath towels had a bit of a funky odor to them and was being careful not to leave them in the washer too long before I dried them too.   

I also have noticed that my washing machine smells cleaner too.  Apparently the detergent I was using, which says it is great for HE machines, was leaving a residue in the machine and not rinsing out very well. 

Whether I use vinegar in the rinse cycle or a dryer sheet it doesn’t seem to matter as I don’t seem to have any static in our clothes either when they come out of the dryer.  That is good news!  I’d rather use white vinegar anyway so I imagine once I finish up with what I have on hand I’ll be switching to vinegar. 

Our clothes don’t have any particular scent like you get with store bought laundry soap or fabric softener which is fine with me.  They just smell clean and fresh. 

So yes, I think the homemade laundry soap is not only a great bargain but a great product and I am sold.  Mom was right, I’m glad I decided to finally try it.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...