Monday, December 14, 2015

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

Savory Pot Roast With Mashed Potatoes & Gravy

We followed our meal plan fairly closely and used up the leftovers throughout the week.  I love that we were able to do this and minimize waste.

I fed our kitchen scraps and some extra veggies we had I the crisper drawer to the chickens.


I made a homemade day planner for 2016.  I printed the calendar off  my computer and made the cover with a sheet of cardstock I had.  I reinforced the edges with a strip of packing tape to make it more durable.


I took advantage of the loss leaders on sale at Albertson's this week.  I purchased and 11 pound ham for 88¢ a pound, three New York strip steaks for our Christmas dinner on sale for $5.99 a pound and four packages of cream cheese for 97¢ each.  I may go back this week and get another ham to put in the freezer for later on down the road.


I used items I had in my stash to make two gifts for an exchange at our annul Bunco Christmas party.  I paired a handmade hanging dishtowel I made with a dish cloth and added a bottle of hand soap purchased on clearance from Bath & Body Works.  I also used gift bags and tissue paper I already had in my gift wrap bin.


The youngest and I went to the Antique mall to purchase two vintage ornaments for our tree this year.  We found two lovely ones in very good condition, one for $3 and the other was $2.


While at the antique mall I also found a bag of 4 yards of vintage red pom pom trim for $5.  I was excited to find that and have several projects in mind for it.

We watched some Christmas movies and listened to Christmas music on Youtube for free.


We set up our Christmas tree on Saturday.  I went ahead and bought a set of lights for $7.98 to replace the set that died and were tossed out last year.  We decorated the remainder of the house with items we already had.

How thrift were you last week?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...