Friday, February 23, 2018

Christmas Project #2 - Gift Bags



Need a quick and easy thrifty project?  This one is exactly that.

After going through all of my Christmas gift wrap supplies the only thing I could come up with that would be nice to have was a couple of extra gift bags.  So I went to Walmart and picked up two plain red gift bags for 98¢ each.


When I got home I went through my stack of Christmas cards and selected two card fronts I really liked.  I trimmed the edges and glued one to the front of each bag.  Doesn't get any simpler than that, for sure!

Love this one!  So cute!

I had a plain white gift bag my daughter had received and thought I could recycle.  The gift giver had written her name on the bag, but I found a card that was perfect to glue on and covered it right up.

One recycled gift bag and one recycled Christmas card!

Now we have three more bags to add to our supplies for the upcoming Christmas season.  I love that we recycled three cards and a previously used bag too.  Of course some of you craftier folks could totally decorate and embellish these more with ribbons, lace and trim, glitter glue, pretty much anything.


My plan when I use them will be to add a stick on bow and one of my handmade gift tags.  Other than that this project took me less than 15 minutes and I was pretty dang happy with that.

Wouldn't this look cute on one of these bags?

Now on to the next project!



12 comments:

  1. Great idea! Those tags are adorable too.

    Have a great weekend. I plan to cook,clean,Quilt and stay in - we are having rainy/stormy weather. I need some downtime, work has been a killer lately and my brain is tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I are in the same boat there. Hope you have a fabulous weekend and Happy Quilting!

      Delete
  2. That is clever. I do the same with pretty bags form various stores that have their logo only in the center of the bag. If they will work for Christmas I glue some leftover Christmas cards over the logos. (Since most stores have logos on both sides of the bags I never worry if the cards used on the front or back match) If they are teal or purple (2 local stores) I have been known to cut a daisy out of newsprint, stick it over the logo and paint a bright yellow center on it. They come in handy for all occasion gifts. I even use newsprint as the outer "tissue" and only using the real tissue for the part that is next to the gift. It is actually pretty cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I bet those are really cool, might have to steel your clever idea. ;)

      Delete
  3. I would love to receive a gift in one of your bag creations, there is a lot of thoughtfulness put into them! I'd like to do this too since I have a bundle of plain white gift bags I got at the craft store, but knowing me I'll just use them as is with ribbon tied at the handles. I don't have a creative bone in my body :)

    It's a great idea to do these special touches now rather than wait until Christmas when things can be overwhelming.

    D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm weird in that I'm more motivated after Christmas than I am during the season. Don't know why. ??

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh. I am the same way. January finds me deep in plans and shopping for the next holiday season. Not sure why unless it's s case of "I can do better next time". That makes me sound like a Christmas perfectionist. Really, I'm not. :) First time to comment. I love your blog!

      Vickie in Missouri

      Delete
    3. Thank you Vickie, glad to hear! Also I'm glad to know there are others out there like me, ha, ha!

      Delete
  4. Love this!!! Great idea...Thanks, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea!! I'm def going to pick up some bags soon.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...