Saturday, March 24, 2018

Christmas Project #3 - A Table Runner



A post on a Saturday?!  Yes indeed!  Christmas is coming!  In 9 months anyway.


A few months ago while cleaning and reorganizing my fabrics and scraps I went through all of my Christmas fabric scraps and cut out some circles for decorating mason jars. 


I had quite a few larger scraps that all seemed to go together that I thought would be good for a small quilting project.  I decided to make a table runner.


I cut my strips 3 1/2 inches wide and then 10 1/2 inches in length.  After laying them out in alternating rows I stitched them together using a 1/4 inch seam allowance.


I used another piece of fabric and cut it for the backing.  Leftover quilt batting was cut to size and then I sandwiched it between the top and back pinning it all together.


I cut 1 1/2 inch strips to bind it with. 



I decided to hand quilt this piece and that part is still a work in progress.  I used a piece of scrap copy paper to cut out a tree shape and I'm using that as my template to hand stitch around.


If it looks a little small for a table runner it is a bit on the short side.  The reason is that I am making my table runner to use in Laverne. 😆



14 comments:

  1. Awww, Laverne is getting a table runner!!! I love it!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you! Go, Laverne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve it! It's coming out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! And creative to use a Christmas tree shape for quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed your weekend post - what a fun surprise to find this today! Your table runner looks great. I think i have a few of those fabrics deep in my stash. I finished sewing a rag quilt this weekend but still need to finish up the seam snipping. I will have to space that out a bit as long sessions with the scissors gives me bad carpal tunnel. I am excited to have this done so I can work on some other projects i have going. I have two queen size tops that I am actually putting the tops together (all the blocks are made) and then they will need to be quilted. If I can squeeze in at least 15 minutes of sewing time per day it seems to really help my outlook. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candace that is wonderful. I love to hear about your projects. You have really been busy. Good for you!

      Delete
  6. So, I mean sew cute. I love you projects.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...