Thursday, March 12, 2020

2020 Christmas Gift Idea #1 - Mug Gift Set



This little gift is one of my favorites and is super easy to put together and not expensive at all.  You can tailor it specifically to the recipient or make up a bunch to have on hand and ready for any gift giving occasion.  Part of the fun it is to come up with all the varieties of mug gifts.  My favorite part is finding the mugs.


I like to find my mugs at thrift stores and antique shops so I can make the gift that much more special.  Especially if I have a particular recipient in mind.  Then I can hunt down a mug that they would especially enjoy.  I have a co-worker that loves, loves, loves Christmas so I found this darling Ho, Ho, Ho mug and knew it was perfect for her.



Once I have found the mug it is a simple matter of deciding what to put inside.  I decided to do an assortment of teas.  Because I am a big tea drinker I didn't need to go any further than my tea cupboard to find a nice assortment of teas to pop inside the mug.

K cups for the coffee lover


Cellophane treat bags, like the ones you find at the Dollar Store, are perfect to wrap up a mug.  I tie them closed with curling ribbon and attach a homemade gift tag.  When I give mug gifts I also like to include a homemade goodie.  Some yummy cookies or fudge is always a nice treat to enjoy with a hot cup of tea or coffee.


Homemade chocolates

Other things you can add to a mug are K cups, cocoa packets, soup packets, spiced cider packets or mug cake mixes.  Pair some cocoa packets with mini marshmallows.  You can also make your own homemade mixes and put them in plastic bags.  By using your imagination you can easily come up with loads of different ideas.


2 comments:

  1. I have made up mugs out of desperation for a gift when I had no money by looking around the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...