Monday, September 24, 2012

Christmas Gift Idea – Pie!


One of my favorite gifts to give at Christmas, or anytime for that matter, is a pie.  Not just the pie but the pie plate too. 

I love to find a pretty vintage pie plate at a thrift store or yard sale, bake up a great pie and present it with a beautiful handmade card.  I always note in the card that the pie plate is part of the gift as well so they don't feel like they are expected to return it. 

This idea works well for any baking dish, really.  You could bake up a pan of brownies or bar cookies in a nice 9" X 13" glass baking pan.  Even a lasagna would work.  Or how about presenting a cake or cupcakes on a pretty cake stand?  A cast iron skillet filled with cornbread? 

Enclosing the recipe in with the card might be a nice touch as well.  The possibilities are endless.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. A fun idea. My one concern is if I'm giving to a single person or a couple. . . would they want a WHOLE pie? Most pies can't be frozen, can they? But I'm going to pin this idea, because I do love consumable gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...