Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Baskets



Easter baskets can be as simple or as elaborate as you like.  I know some families view Easter as another version of Christmas with a lot of gifts and a lot of expense.  I, on the otherhand, choose to keep it a simple affair. 

I bought Easter baskets when my children were very young.  They each have their own and like their Christmas stockings we reuse them year after year.  I don’t like that staticy and messy plastic Easter grass so I crumble up tissue paper to line the bottom of the basket. 

I fill the baskets with items purchased for very little money.  As always, I like to start gathering these items well ahead of time, on sale and with a coupon if possible.  Here are some of the types of things I like to get: 

·         Sugar free gum
·         Candy bars
·         Jelly beans or gum drops in a baggie and tied with a ribbon
·         A small chocolate Easter bunny
·         Egg shaped chocolate candies
·         Homemade cookies or candy
·         Toothbrush and toothpaste – always!
·         Lip balm or chapstick
·         Bubble bath, bath gel, shampoo or lotion
·         Barettes or hairbands
·         Matchbox car or other small toy 

I don’t get all of these things, of course, but a few of them to tuck inside.  I am one who believes that less is more.  To my friends I like to give them homemade cookies or cupcakes. 

For us Easter also provides a great excuse to get together for a family dinner.  Most of the time my parents host and provide the main dish, a roast or a ham and we bring side dishes and desserts.  My mom makes the best dinner rolls ever and my cousin does great deviled eggs.  Depending on what is going on with everyone’s lives it may be a big gathering or a small gathering.  This year getting together with my parents will be the focus of our Easter Sunday. 

How do you like to do Easter?  Do you do baskets and what goes in them?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...