Friday, March 15, 2013

When Your Daily Routine Becomes …Routine


I tend to be one who functions best with a routine in place.  I prefer to do the same things, the same way on a daily basis.  As a rule I like a set schedule.  I find that I am more efficient this way in getting tasks done and I find comfort in knowing what to expect. 

Just when I find myself in my groove, humming right along I get derailed by the boredom and monotony of my routine lifestyle.  In fact, sometimes I feel like I am about to lose my ever loving mind. 

At the risk of going into complete shutdown mode and letting the housework and laundry pile up and going on strike in the kitchen I quickly shift gears.  I just have to change it up a bit. 

It amazes me how just a little bit of change can pull you out of a funky decent.  Something simple can give you a whole new perspective on the daily grind. 

Here are some of the things I do: 

·         Treat myself to a new top, pair of earrings or a tube of lipstick.
·         Take a different route to work.
·         Listen to some music I haven’t listened to for awhile.
·         Lose myself in someone else’s life for a bit with a new book or movie.
·         Take a break from the kids and spend some time with myself.
·         Enjoy a nice dessert or piece of candy.
·         Hang out with a friend.
·         Try a new hairstyle.
·         Have a dinner party to give me something new to focus on.
·         Buy flowers.
·         Go for a nice long walk or bike ride.
·         Try a whole new activity. 

Ever find yourself in a bit of a funk?  What do you do to put yourself back on track?

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy going to The Mall, get a cup of coffee, and sit and watch people for a while. I get caught up on latest fashion styles, different hairdos, and exercise my imagination. Most of all, however, I refresh my gratitude for the life I have.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...