Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Make Up & My Morning Routine


I don't spend a great deal of time primping and getting ready in the morning.  I also don't spend much, if anything, on the things I use to get the job done either.  I don't always wear make-up, especially on the weekends.

My morning routine is fairly simple.  I wash my face, apply moisturizer and lip balm, then apply eye shadow, eyeliner pencil and mascara.  Done!


I don’t use foundation because I don't like what it does to my skin and I've never been much of a fan of lipstick so I only wear it occasionally.  Since I drink coffee or tea in the morning it just ends up on the rim of my cup anyway.

I seldom pay for make-up.  I almost always use a coupon and then purchase it with a gift card.  Eye shadow lasts me quite awhile and I buy extra applicators because they wear out and because they should be replaced regularly for hygiene purposes.  I also toss out and replace my mascara every three months.  My eyeliner pencil gets sharpened enough to keep it clean but I do clean my sharpener each time I use it.


I wash my face with a moisturizing cleanser at night when I bathe or shower and just use a warm wash cloth in the morning.  My favorite lip balm is the original Chapstick and my moisturizer is the lotion I get at Bath & Body Works.  For me it works the best and I always have some around so why not? 

That's it.  Pretty basic and simple. 

What is your morning routine like?

5 comments:

  1. I wear make-up when I am going out for the day. I drive my son to school in the morning(less than 7 minutes there and back) and usually just stick a hat on and jump in the car without make-up. That is fine to do except when you hit and kill your neighbours(5 houses down) cat and have to stand there in front of your neighbours sobbing without make-up and greasy hair!!!!! Ask me how I know :)

    If I am going anywhere else, I put on foundation, blush, mascara, lipstick and call it a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor kitty. :( And to think, the last think he saw was you without make up. Tee hee.

      Delete
    2. Oh ha ha that is hilarious!!!!! The poor cat!

      Delete
  2. My routine is super simple too... Dr.Bronners Baby soap on my face, Burt's Bees Carrot cream, and that's that. lol! Done!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...