Tuesday, May 5, 2015

30 Things In 30 Days - May


Last month we did really well with our list and even though we are still on an uber thrifty debt elimination kick we did manage to do a couple fun things that didn't cost a lot and several things that really didn't cost anything.


This is what I have planned for this month:

1.          Count my blessings
2.         Bake bread
3.         Send a letter or card to someone
4.         Family Game Nite!
5.         Invite guests over for a visit or dinner
6.         Make a gift
7.         Sew or craft something
8.         Make a monthly meal plan for June
9.         Go to the $$ Store
10.       Try a new recipe
11.        Read a book or write
12.       Family Movie Nite!
13.       Thoroughly spring clean the kitchen
14.       Family outing
15.       Investment cooking
16.       Repurpose/recycle something
17.       Plant our garden
18.       Wash outside windows
19.       Paint our front door
20.      Bake something and share it
21.       Fix our garage door
22.       Install mini blinds in kitchen and laundry room windows
23.       Plant raspberry starts & blueberry bushes
24.       Make new curtains for my daughter's bedroom
25.       Spray weeds in front yard
26.       Family Nite Out!
27.       List something to sell on eBay, Etsy or Craigslist
28.       Work on new inventory for Etsy store
29.       Clean gutters
30.       Take some time for myself

Most of our time was spent on outside projects and activities.  I didn't get the curtains made as I had hoped to but we did get a ton of stuff done and the best thing is that our yard is beginning to look like our yard again.  I love it when hard work begins to pay off.


This how I did last month:

1.          Count my blessings Always!
2.         Bake bread and dinner rolls
3.         Send Easter greeting cards
4.         Family Game Nite!
5.         Invite guests over for a visit
6.         Make a gift
7.         Sew or craft something Started crocheting a baby afghan
8.         Make a monthly meal plan for May
9.         Go to the $$ Store
10.       Try a new recipe
11.        Read a book or write  Read one book and started another one!
12.        Family Movie Nite! Complete with popcorn!
13.        Thoroughly spring clean the downstairs bathroom
14.       Family outing We attended a friend's surprise birthday party.  Great fun!
15.        Investment cooking Put up 5# of strawberries in the freezer, made granola & a lot of yogurt
16.       Repurpose/recycle something Turned two milk jugs into chicken feeders
17.        Shop for blueberry bushes and raspberry plants
18.       Build trellises for garden boxes
19.       Dye Easter eggs with the girls with homemade dye
20.       Bake something and share it
21.        Update the old ramp for chicken coop Used some of our pruned fruit tree branches to add treads for better grip. So cool!
22.       Update kitchen light fixtures
23.       Buy and plant strawberry starts
24.       Make new curtains for my daughter's bedroom
25.       Prune the pear and plum trees
26.       Family Nite Out! Out to dinner at Applebees
27.       List something to sell on eBay, Etsy or Craigslist
28.       Work on new inventory for Etsy store
29.       Spray paint flower pots
30.       Take some time for myself


Two things I wish I'd done were to make my daughter's bedroom curtains and spring clean my bathroom.  The reality is there are only so many hours in a day and plenty of things around here needing to be done.  The weather has been wonderful and we chose to spend a great deal of time outside working around the house, planting flowers and starting our garden.  We managed to clean up a ton of stuff in our backyard and it is beginning to resemble our old space once again.

My very wise little girl suggested last night that it will probably take us a couple of years to get our home back to where it was when we moved out.  I told her I think that is a reasonable estimate.  Both girls are very much willing to help which makes it even better.


We went to dinner at Applebees on a Monday night because all of their hamburgers are only $5.99.  My youngest also had a gift certificate for a free meal she received as a school award.  After paying for two meals and a tip we only spent $15.00 on our night out.

Do you ever make lists like this?



8 comments:

  1. I like the idea of creating the 30/30 list. I am going to do some serious reflection and start one in June. It will be a a great way to gently nudge myself in different directions. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hamburger looks so good. NOM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes, you make me tired! lol! I do make lists but they are usually just for a weekend or day.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use lists on the weekends, too but there are times when nothing ever gets accomplished. Little One can undo things on the list and then I have to start over. Example: Friday evening I painted some old plastic flower pots and let them dry overnight in the garage. They are sooooo pretty and fun looking.(Thank you for that super idea, Dana) Saturday morning I planted marigolds in them. I went to put the garden tools away and Little One pulled all the flowers out of the pots. GRRRRRRR!!! Another "redo".
    However, since she is so much lower to the ground than I am, she was a great help in picking up sticks and toys from the yard. While she napped I mowed the grass. Check that one off the "to do list".
    How were you able to get things accomplished with TWO little girls ?
    Vanessa B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I remember those days! Now my girls are 11 and 14 so they are much more of a help than a hinderance. Thankfully. You'll get there soon enough. They grow up waaaaaay too fast. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...