Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Monthly Menu Planner - October


This month was a disaster for our meal plan but our meals were anything but disastrous.  Because I had restocked our chest freezer and pantry for winter I decided it was important to make sure and use up a collection of odds and ends in the house freezer as well as to use up the meat in the chest freezer that was prior to my latest purchases.  I wanted to make sure nothing got forgotten about and became freezer burned or wasted.

This time I went through my collection of cookbooks and my old meal plans to get some new inspiration for October.  I was getting the feeling that a lot of our meals were becoming redundant.  And while I won't be able to get away with a complete change I did come up with quite a few new things as well as stuff I haven't prepared for awhile.  The girls will be happy as their favorites are still included.

This is what we have planned for our meals next month:

Biscuits & Gravy, Fruit Salad
Pepperoni Pizza, Garden Salad
Split Pea Soup, Cornbread, Lettuce Wedges
Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Onion Gravy, Peas & Carrots
Pasta Alfredo, Caesar Salad
Corn Dogs, Tater Tots, Veggies & Dip
Cheese Omelets, Toast, Fresh Fruit
Grilled Tuna Sandwiches, Tomato Soup
Chili Con Carne, Corn Muffins
Lasagna, French Bread, Tossed Green Salad
Beef & Bean Burritos, Garden Salad
French Toast, Ham, Sliced Peaches
Tortellini Soup, Breadsticks, Caesar Salad
Grilled Sirloin, Baked Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli
Chicken Fried Rice, Egg Drop Soup
Meatball Subs, Garden Salad
Ham & Cheese Quiche, Fruit Salad
Cheese Pizza, Tossed Green Salad
Clam Chowder, Garlic Cheddar Biscuits, Lettuce Wedges
Beef Stroganoff, Egg Noodles, Green Beans
Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwiches, Veggies & Dip
Breakfast Hash, Toast, Apple Wedges
Chili & Cheese Stuffed Baked Potatoes, Sour Cream, Steamed Broccoli

I incorporated a lot of use of leftovers this time.  Not only will we make sure to minimize food waste but it will also mean I will have fewer meals to cook and extra time to focus in other areas.

Do you do any type of meal planning?  What wonderful things do you have planned to eat?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...