Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Goals For January


We certainly enjoyed a wonderful Christmas this year.  And with so much to look forward to in 2017 I figured I'd make the most of it right from the start and continue with my lists of monthly goals.  I love that I am able to manage projects with a good list and I feel I accomplish more in the process.


Last month I pretty much knocked everything off the list in the first ten days.  It felt really good too.  This is what I have planned for this month:

1.          Make or purchase a gift for someone (and so it begins - 😆 ha, ha)
2.         Send a card or letter to someone
3.         Family Nite Out or Outing
4.         Be creative - sew or craft something
5.         Do some investment cooking
6.         Make Valentine's Day cards with my girls
7.         Start preparing to file my tax returns
8.         Take my children out for a thrifty date
9.         Create a new menu plan for February
10.       Try a new recipe
11.        Update the home improvement list
12.        Enjoy a Family Movie Nite and a Family Game Nite!
13.        Brew a new batch of beer
14.       Complete a retirement house project
15.        Invite guests over for dessert, appetizers or dinner


This is how I did last month:

1.          Make or purchase a gift for someone
2.         Send a card or letter to someone
3.         Family Nite Out or Outing
4.         Be creative - sew or craft something  I did a gob of stuff!
5.         Do some investment cooking with so much in the freezers already this one can definitely wait
6.         Decorate for Christmas, put up the tree
7.         Make a new 2017 day planner
8.         Take my oldest on a Mommy/Daughter date took both girls out to breakfast
9.         Create a new menu plan for January
10.       Organize/back up my photos/files on the computer
11.        Plan my goals for 2017
12.        Enjoy a Family Christmas Movie Nite or Family Game Nite! Prancer, White Christmas, various Hallmark movies, we watched a bunch!
13.        Bake something to share at work
14.       Bake something to share with our neighbors
15.        Complete a retirement house project
16.       Invite guests over for dessert, appetizers or dinner quality time spent with friends!


I did manage to finish up this item I didn't complete last month.  And it turned out better than I imagined!  😁

11.        Make my youngest daughter's orchestra dress

I am super excited about my first "To Do" list of the New Year.  How about you?  What are some projects you are planning to accomplish in 2017?




8 comments:

  1. You did great with your December goals! I'm sure you'll do just as well with your January goals. :) I have a few goals I'd like to achieve, too, but it all depends on my health. Need to get a handle on that, first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes our health can impede our best laid plans. Hope you feel well.

      Delete
  2. Great job on getting your goals done.. Your daughters dress is beautiful.
    Best wishes for a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Judy. I'm looking forward to working on new projects. :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great month of goals achieved and goals to achieve! My biggest goal for this month is working on my blog. I posted a list of things I'd like to achieve this year on my blog, and am actually working on one of them tonight -- an automated email platform! Blogging is such fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! It is my favorite thing that I do! Let's keep up the great work, shall we?! ;)

      Delete
  4. Great jog knocking things off the list! I am like you and have already begun the Christmas 2017 gift making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know I have company and am not the only one! :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...