Monday, July 1, 2019

Last Week's Thrifty Moves



Happy July everyone!  It is officially the beginning of the second half of 2019!

I have to admit, last Sunday I was a completely lazy butt.  In fact, I hung out in my pajamas and binge watched Outlander on Netflix for hours.  I did get my Sunday chores done, watered the lawn, fixed brunch and washed the dishes, but that was pretty much the extent of it.  I had much bigger plans, it just didn't happen.  My motivation was kaput I suppose.


That's completely okay though as that day I found my daughter a bicycle on Facebook Marketplace for $5!  When I messaged the seller she told me someone else was interested, however, by that evening she messaged me again to tell me it was still available.  My daughter and I jumped into the truck and headed off to check it out.  It needed some love but we felt it was well worth the investment and we brought her home and worked on it for a bit.  While my daughter gave her bike a much needed bath I got online and ordered all of the parts we needed from Amazon for a $34.  So Sunday was not a complete loss after all. LOL


Our medium sized slow cooker was put to work this past week.  Sunday I had put in a beef stew that kept us going the first half of the week.  Wednesday I put in a marinated pork roast I'd picked up at Albertson's a couple of weeks ago than carried us through the rest of the week.  Saturday we grilled some of the Angus beef burgers I had picked up at the beginning of June and put in the freezer.  Topped with cheese, they were delicious.

The week was pretty quiet and uneventful, which was very nice to say the least.  We haven't had many of those this year so it has been much appreciated.

We are so blessed to live in this beautiful city

The youngest and I took a nice long bike ride Saturday morning.  We went 10 miles on our greenbelt along the river.  We had a snack at one of our parks.  It was a beautiful day and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

On the way home from our ride we stopped in at Winco for a few fresh produce items.  At home I finished up making a larger grocery list and also downloaded some digital coupons to my store rewards card for a much bigger shop I have planned.


I worked a small amount of overtime once again.  Yay!  It has all added up to be a nice little bonus on my next check.

I washed out a couple Ziploc bags and a large water bottle to reuse.

Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order:

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - cleaned sink & toilet.  Daily swish & swipe.

Dining Room - dusted, cleaned chandelier.

Kitchen -  cleaned microwave & sink, wiped down base cabinets.

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Purged & organized some things.  My oldest cleaned the bathroom.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - two loads of laundry.


As you can probably tell I didn't put my full 15 minutes into cleaning my zones.  I think I took advantage of our quiet week and enjoyed some downtime.  I have to admit it was nice to be a little bit lazy.

How was your thrifty week?



4 comments:

  1. We were traveling, so didn't have as many opportunities as usual, but: we've been eating at home, menu planned for our upcoming family vacation (we're hosting) & shared coupons with my family for an item we all enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great score on the bike! Less than $40 is an awesome deal.

    Love the photo from the park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely week and a relaxing Sunday. Sometimes it's needed - just slowing down and relaxing and since your house is on a good schedule you could do that. My boss at the hospital was awesome. She could identify when we were just plain tired and needed the break and she's give us a "mental health" day. (with sick pay) She called it preventative so we didn't get sick! Loved that lady. Take care and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Down time is good!!! Cute bike... I know your daughter will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...