Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Some Of The Meals We've Been Enjoying Lately



With warmer temperatures it can sometimes be a little difficult to come up with meal ideas in the summer.  We keep it fairly light and simple as we find our appetites aren't as robust as they might be other times of the year.


Our new BBQ has been getting quite a workout lately.  In fact I just picked up another bag of briquettes at the store this week to make sure we didn't run out.  I've really enjoyed grilling steaks and burgers as well as a few sausages and hot dogs lately.


Salads, especially a nice taco salad, have hit the table a time or two.


In the past couple of weeks put a pot roast and a pork roast into our slow cooker.  Both of those provided us with plenty of meals and meal options.  I like that our slow cooker doesn't heat up the kitchen like the oven would.  On Sunday I put a large pot of meat sauce on for the girls to have over pasta.  That kept them going for several days.


Fresh fruits and vegetable, lots of cold water to drink are a big part of our diet as well.  I like to keep it simple with a nice cut of meat and a vegetable on the side.  Of course we love a nice breakfast on the weekends too.

Ribeye anyone?

What are some of the meals you enjoy in the summer?



8 comments:

  1. We've used our grill a couple of times; we think it's too hot to even be outside grilling. I try to cook early in the day before it gets too hot inside the kitchen. Your meals look great, especially the taco salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taco salad is one of our go-to meals around here. :0)

      Delete
  2. Vegetables, salads, all the yummy seasonal fruits and veggies during the summer! Summer always makes me crave berries as I grew up in Oregon - Raspberries, strawberries and then the elusive (if you live in Nevada like I do now) Marion Berries, Logan Berries and Gooseberries. Cherries are a favorite too. Oh dear, now I'm hungry. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Berries and grapes have been a big hit at our house. Love blackberries!

      Delete
    2. Oh my, how did I ever forget blackberries. Picking them everywhere and never paying for them in Oregon. Here in Nevada they sell a little container for 3.00 and the berries aren't even flavorful like the ripe and warm right off the vine!

      Delete
    3. The ones at the store don't have any flavor. You are so right about that. I grew up in the Seattle area and we had loads of blackberry bushes along our driveway. I miss that.

      Delete
  3. My menu has been very similar to yours, with lots of grilling, taco salads and using the crock pot. Other favorites are potato or pasta salad as a side. Today is cool here so I'm planning on scalloped potatoes and pork chops (though I'll likely grill the meat).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a rather cool summer which makes it nice for grilling. Potato salad is one of my faves.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...