Monday, July 15, 2019

Last Week's Thrifty Moves



Sunday morning I packed our little cooler with some food, filled up our water bottles and tossed the sunscreen into my purse.  The girls and I hopped into the car and headed off to the beach for a few hours of fun in the sun and water.  It was really nice to take a break from our projects and enjoy some family time playing and relaxing.


My oldest daughter was anxious to get back to work on her car so by 2:00 we were heading back home.  Ready to get busy once again and finish up Phase 2 of her car repairs we jumped into our grubby clothes and got right to work.  Check back tomorrow to see what we did.  I think you'll like the results.  She sure does and is super happy about it.


The rest of the week went by in a blur.  We completed two more projects on my daughter's car during the week.  Those posts will coming up in the next couple of weeks.  

I worked a lot of extra hours last week so I'll have quite a bit of overtime on my next paycheck.  Yay!  I really appreciate that!


I kept our meals pretty simple.  A salad or vegetable and meat.  It has been a warmer week for us so keeping things fresh and light, plus quick and easy prepping, seemed like a really good idea this past week.  Especially with me getting home from work later than usual.


I borrowed some hedge trimmers from a co-worker saving me the cost of buying my own or renting them.  Since this is a tool I rarely use it makes more sense for me to borrow one than to own one.

I mix one tablespoon of shower gel into a cup of warm water

I used some  warm vanilla sugar shower gel to mix up a batch of foaming hand soap refill solution.  I used it to top off my kitchen and bathroom dispensers.  I love that scent.  It is one of our favorites.

We washed out several Ziploc bags to reuse.


Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order:

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - cleaned sink & toilet.  Daily swish & swipe.

Dining Room - vacuumed floor, dusted shelves and chair rail.

Kitchen -  vacuumed floor, cleaned microwave and appliances.

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  My oldest cleaned the bathroom.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - three loads of laundry, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry.  Swept front porch.

How was your thrifty week?


8 comments:

  1. Warm vanilla sugar does smell good! I have so many soaps from BBW that it will be a long time until I need to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to stock up on them when they go on sale. This year I'm trying not to go in there much so I have to make my stash last. ;)

      Delete
  2. Your cliffhangers are killers! I am dying to see how your daughter's car is turning out--particularly that roof. I can't imagine what you had up your sleeve to get it to look nice, but I am sure it was innovative and that the results are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You only need to wait until tomorrow. I think you are going to like it.

      Delete
  3. You girls make me tired; you stay so busy. You are teaching them great things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind telling you, I'm getting a little tired myself. :0)

      Delete
  4. I will have to try the idea with the shower gel, definitely less expensive than buying hand soap.

    If you've noticed someone has been on your blog a lot lately, that would likely be me. I went back to the very beginning and I'm into 2016 now. I've enjoyed reading the blog and have snitched one of your ideas - the list of 30 items for 30 days. I've just started my list, there are things I do regularly but I've also put a few on the list that are somewhat outside my comfort zone. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I use regular shower gel then I use 2 Tbs in 1 cup of water. B&BW shower gel is thicker and more concentrated than most.

      Good for you! Enjoy the 30 Things In 30 Days. I had a lot of fun with it. In fact I've often thought about doing it again.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...