Friday, November 6, 2020

Debt Freedom

 


Having a mortgage on my house and the utility bills that go along with my house are expenses that do not bother me.  We all need a place to live and whether or not we rent our homes or are in the process of buying them the vast majority of us will have debt associated with that.  Even once a mortgage is paid there will still be costs, such as insurance, property taxes, and utilities required to keep that home and that is debt.  And again I am completely fine with that and am not bothered one bit, at all.

 


What bothers the heck out of me and what I am not fine with is consumer debt and that is what I have worked very hard this year to be rid of.  Fortunately I was able to take care of all those costs and expenses and now, as far as I am concerned, I am free.

 


I am now able to get up every morning and feel confident that I have attained a debt free status and those in my circle would heartily agree.  Not only that , but they really would like to be in my place and as a result I've been able to inspire some of those close to me to get on the bandwagon and GYST.  For me it is super exciting to inspire people but even more so to see their excitement as they make headway and are able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

 


We all have different ideas and perspectives of what debt freedom means to us.  For some it is to pay off all of their debts completely, for a lot of us it is simply to have only a mortgage and utility bills, and for some it is to go so far as to be entirely off the grid and owe nothing to no one.  Whatever you decide is your debt freedom I respect that completely.  And, if you are not already, I wholeheartedly encourage you to get there.  It is a wonderful place to be.

 

 

9 comments:

  1. We are debt free as well. Mortgage is paid too. It does feel good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Lee Ann. My next home won't have a mortgage. I'm excited about that!

      Delete
  2. The freedom from debt is extraordinary, exhilarating and life-changing. Congrats on your successful journey to zero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selling the house this month and going back to renting from MIL....yahoo! I am hoping that we will pay off everything including the new truck "someone" bought with the proceeds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does feel good, though we have a interest free car loan right now-taken instead of paying cash, though we "paid" a care payment to ourselves and could have paid for it in full, but I guess we are not out anything because the money is in the bank and no interest. I would like to wipe my kids grad school debts away for them, but they need to do that themselves. Tehy are plugging away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for 0% interest loans and lines of credit. I think it is a great way to use credit and maintain savings.

      Delete
    2. Sam, I've done zero% as well. My investments earn so why not make money while they wait for theirs? Also, hubster bought a new-to-him vehicle this spring. The interest rate was so low, again we left our $ in our investment accounts and are earning well in excess of that rate. We only do this because, we could write the check any time we want as we are a "cash only" lifestyle.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...