Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bread Machines


Simply put I love my bread machine.  With bread as high as $4 a loaf I have come to love it even more.  I have yet to actually bake a loaf in mine but I use the dough cycle and mix my dough in it all the time.  All different types of bread and roll dough, mostly whole wheat though and pizza dough…a lot of pizza dough. 

My favorite pizza dough recipe: 

            2 c all purpose flour
            1 c whole wheat flour
            2½ tsp yeast
            1 tsp sugar
            ½ tsp salt
            1 Tbs olive oil
            1¼ c hot water 

Select dough cycle.  Place dry ingredients in pan and select start.  Add oil and then water.  Once dough forms a smooth ball (you may have to add a little flour or water depending on humidity) stop machine and allow dough to rest ten minutes.  Divide dough in half and form two pizza crusts.  Top with your favorite toppings and bake at 450° 12 to 14 minutes. 

Very versatile!  You can make bread sticks out of it by rolling into a rectangle.  Place on a lightly greased sheet pan and cut into 1 inch strips.  Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with basil and garlic powder.  Bake at 450° 10-12 minutes.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with grated parmesan or romano cheese, if desired and serve with your favorite marinara sauce. 

I will often make half the dough into bread sticks and the other half into a pizza.  Then serve with a delicious garden salad and your own homemade dressing.  Scrumptious and the cost is a mere pittance compared to dining out so you can afford to do it often.

1 comment:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...