Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Big Purge


The approach of spring always seems to bring this out in me.  I look around my home and think “Hmmm.  What can I get rid of?”  Watching an episode of Hoarders has that same effect too. 

This year we are doing a serious purge.  We did one four years ago and got rid of a lot of stuff we didn’t need or use.  This year we want to pare down even more and try for a little more simplicity in our lives.  Not to mention some wriggle room. 

The criteria we are using is: 

Do I love it, need it or want it?
Is it worn out or outdated?
Is it adding value to our lives?
Do I use it? 

If it can’t make it past this criteria, then it is out of here. 

So far we have purged the pantry, hall closet and my bedroom.  I have quite a pile started of items to sell on eBay or Craigslist.  I have also started a list of the bigger items I am ready to part with as well. 

We will most likely have a yard sale in the next month and I made a really big decision to sell our 13ft camp trailer.  We are beginning to outgrow it and are ready to travel in a little different style now.  I will be happy not to have the upkeep of it anymore as well. 

The girls are working their way through their room and have made quite a dent already.  They are getting excited about selling some of their items in our upcoming yard sale.  They have even started to make signs for it.

I am also happy to report that we were able to put quite a few items in the recycling bin and not the trash. 

Are you doing a big spring purge this year?  If so, share your ideas and what you are getting rid of.  Plus share how you are getting rid of things too. I am always up for new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...