Friday, March 30, 2012

Easter Preparations


With Easter little more than a week away are you ready? 

Easter is on Sunday April 8th this year and for most of us it seems to be coming up awfully fast.  Perhaps it is because we feel like we just got done putting away the Christmas décor.  How can this be? 

This weekend I will begin my preparations for next Sunday.  We will be driving up to my parents for supper so I want to make sure I have everything I need to make the dishes I will be taking with us.  Baked beans and a Jell-O Poke Cake. 

Tonight on the way home from work I will stop to pick up the eggs on sale for 99¢ a dozen at Fred Meyer.  It is perfect timing as we are on our last dozen and we usually dye two dozen every year at Easter.  There will be plenty of potato salad and egg salad or deviled eggs to enjoy the following week. 

Tomorrow I plan to spend a little time first thing in the morning making and addressing Easter cards to send to relatives and friends out of town.  I think Easter is the perfect time to send a little greeting. 

I will need to find the girl’s Easter baskets and make sure I’ve gathered up enough things to put in them.  I may need to make a stop sometime next week to pick up a couple items. 

Easter is a great time to gather with family, make a big meal and have a nice time.  Next Saturday I will put the baked means on in the slow cooker and we will dye Easter eggs too.  My kids really love to decorate the eggs.  I will also get my cake done. 

What are your plans for the upcoming holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...