Sunday, April 1, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes


A big change for us is on the horizon.  We’re moving. 

Not far but where we will be living will make a huge difference in our lives.  Currently I work two towns away from where we live.  My round trip every day is 52 miles.  I literally spend two hours or more in my car every day.  I know this is a way of life for a lot of city dwellers but, I’m just not loving it. 

With gas prices sky-rocketing you can only imagine what my monthly gas budget looks like.  More importantly my time is precious.  My children are growing up right before my very eyes and despite all efforts I just can’t seem to slow this down.  I want more time with them. 

Currently we live in a very nice neighborhood.  However, the schools in our district are not the best in our city.  In fact, I currently take them to a school in another district.  As my oldest prepares to enter junior high I am not overly excited about her attending our neighborhood school.  To be honest, the thought keeps me up at night. 

After much consideration and several sleepless nights the decision was made to move.  After a lot of time and research I decided to move into an apartment closer to my office in a nice neighborhood with great schools in place.  The criteria were actually in reverse order – schools, neighborhood, then apartment. 

I found all three and the bonus - I will be only 10 minutes away from my office.  I am thrilled and my kids are beyond excited! 

We are about to embark on a new adventure.  At first I was nervous and more than a little scared about it.  After awhile I really began to see that this was the right thing for us to do.  Once I crunched the numbers and saw the affordability in this venture I began to relax and move forward. 

We will be listing our townhouse for sale this month and selling a number of our possessions to scale down.  Our new apartment will be smaller than our home and will have less storage space.  The big purge we have been doing has been great.  We have emptied more boxes and bins than we have packed.  In two weeks we plan to have a yard sale, as long as the weather cooperates, and whatever doesn’t sell will be donated.

I will also be selling my 13 foot camp trailer.  Our Scamp.  I love it but it isn’t practical to pay for storage and not use it.  We haven’t really used it much in the last four years so it is time for it to go to someone who will use it and enjoy it.  We have a lot of great memories and now it is time to make some new ones doing something else. 

So as we get ready to move on I will be sharing our adventure with all of you, all while maintaining a positive attitude and sense of humor.  Moves are one of the most stressful things a person can go through so let’s see how well I do.  It will definitely be an adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    I am tentatively thinking about buying a Scamp and came across your blog. I have an 02 Subaru Outback and am not sure if my mechanic would recommend it for pulling a Scamp. A friend said I can then change mechanics. Ha! At any rate, if you would contact me at 208-651-8701, I would be interested in talking with you. I live up by Sandpoint.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...