Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Grocery Shopping – Meat


I think meat is the most expensive item one can buy when it comes to grocery shopping.  I am constantly looking for bargains when it comes to that particular item. 

I am always scanning the grocery ads for really great prices and I get very excited when I can score a really good deal like I did on chicken last week at $1.59/lb for boneless skinless breasts.  I am regularly checking the markdown bin at our grocery store too. 

Today all I needed this week in the way of groceries was a bunch of green onions.  I could have totally done without them but I also wanted to peruse the markdown bin at the meat department.  It has been awhile since I’ve gone “trolling for meat”. 

Today I scored a huge meaty 4 lb. pot roast for $11.69 and two corned beef briskets on sale for $1.59/lb.  I really wanted a corned beef last month for St. Patrick’s Day but the prices weren’t low enough to suit me so I decided to pass on it.  Mostly I was dreaming of a Reuben sandwich.  Well now I will get my sandwich and several other great meals to boot. 

I know that pot roast is going to make a lot of meals for us as well.  I can hardly wait.  Along with a nice roast with veggies, I love to use a pot roast for shredded beef tacos or enchiladas, Bolognese sauce for pasta, beef barley soup, all kinds of things. 

Anytime you can stock up your freezer with a good buy on meat you’ve done good.  Needless to say I am really excited about my purchases today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...