Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Very Busy Week!


It has been exactly that.  A very busy week and an extremely productive one too! 

On Monday and Tuesday I got a lot of yard work done.  The weather was perfect and I was able to get the lawn mowed, trimmed and re-seeded, more weeds pulled, the pond cleaned out, the raised garden beds amended and turned, flowerbeds cleaned out, start the set up of our hoses and above ground sprinkler system, seeds started in peat pots, the clothes lines put up and a lot of laundry done and hung out on the line to dry.  I also managed a job interview and a trip to the thrift store for two pair of summer shorts for my oldest. 

Wednesday started out early when I cleared out our upstairs second bedroom, took the girls to school, then headed to Lowes for paint and a new roller.  I then came home to paint the bedroom all before noon.  This is the last room in our house that needed painting – thank goodness!  I hate to paint. 

After a quick clean up and change of clothes I headed to the store for a set of bunk beds on sale plus I had a $10 store coupon.  I decided to use the proceeds from our yard sale for this purchase.  I knew how disappointed my girls were that we weren’t moving and I had promised them bunk beds once we did.  I thought this might help ease their disappointment. 

I then headed home to shampoo the bedroom carpet and put the bed together.  I almost had it done by 3:00 but had to stop and pick the girls up at school.  I made them stay downstairs until the bed was done.  After vacuuming the carpet I let them upstairs for their surprise.  They were so surprised and thrilled!  My oldest nearly cried.  I’m glad she didn’t or else I would have too. 

For the past year they have had their room in our converted family room because it is bigger.  Now that they have the bunk beds they are going to be more comfortable in their bedroom and we all get our family room back. 

I was glad to have their help hauling up their mattresses and bedding.  They moved their clothes and things in and I set up their computer for them.  I helped them remake their beds and they helped me haul my things downstairs.  Although I was pretty pooped out, I somehow managed to keep going until midnight! 


I have spent the rest of the week putting our family room back together, unpacking and putting things away that I had packed up for our move, super cleaning everything, re-organizing and purging additional items (it’s amazing what you find) to take to the thrift store. 

I even got to go on a school field trip with youngest Thursday morning.  It is the first time I have ever gone on one with her.  She was so happy to have me along.

I still have both bathrooms and the laundry room to do.  My bedroom will be last as it has been my dumping ground and sorting station this week.  Once those rooms are done our entire house will have been completely gone through and I will be ready to start life anew.  I am excited about it too.  It feels really good. 

I expect to be finished by the end of the weekend, hopefully.  I’m not entirely sure where all my energy and motivation is coming from but, I’m sure happy for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...