Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Soup Week


A great pot of soup, a fresh tossed salad and homemade bread is one of our family’s favorite meals.  Over the years we have amassed quite a collection of delicious soup recipes.  Since I usually only serve soup once or twice a month we don’t get to eat our favorites very often so we decided to have a Soup Week.  My girls helped me make a list and picked out their favorites. 

Monday – Cream of Asparagus & Cheese Quesadillas

Tuesday – Egg Drop Soup & Chicken Fried Rice

Wednesday – Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Thursday – Minestrone, Homemade Bread & Salad

Friday – Thai Curry Soup & Noodles

Saturday – Taco Soup, Cornbread & Salad 

This hardly touches our list of favorites but it’s a start.  I am planning to freeze some of the leftovers for future meals down the road.  So not only are we going to have some great meals but I’ll be able to stock up my freezer too.  We should have plenty for lunches this week as well. 

What are some of your family’s favorite soups?

2 comments:

  1. I need to learn to make egg drop soup. My husband LOVES it! Soups of any kind are a favorite here too!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to post the recipe. It is super easy. My kids love it too.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...