Wednesday, April 11, 2012

How I Spent My First Day


I am pretty sure I have the cleanest kitchen in Boise right now.  I spent the greater part of my day making it that way.  Whenever I am stressed I clean things and the kitchen was definitely my victim yesterday. 


It looks great, not that it was all that dirty to begin with, and once I was done I organized my spice cabinet.  I also got a whole bunch of food items into jars and put labels on them.  A task I have wanted to do for some time now.  I used some of my canning jars and white plastic Ball lids I picked up at the grocery store.  I love how versatile canning jars are.  I also love how neat and organized they make my pantry and spice cabinet look. 


I perused the job boards on Craigslist both here and in several other cities.  Then it was time to pick up the kids at school.  I stopped along the way to pick up a few groceries at Fred Meyer to round out what I have on hand spending less than $20.  So far total spent: 

Food = $23.05                                                Non Food = $8.85 

The girls loved having me drop them off and pick them up yesterday.  All the way home they kept telling me all the positive things about me being home.  In particular, that I am not going to miss my youngest one’s spring program tomorrow afternoon or the awards ceremony next week.  I have to admit that I have missed out on a lot of these things the past few years. 

I purged papers and took out the trash and recycling, fixed supper and then cleaned up the kitchen again. J 

I could have done without the phone calls from my upset employees.  All I could do was tell them how sorry I was that they were upset.  They’ll be fine and so will I. 

For the most part I had a pretty good day yesterday.  We’ll see what great things today has to offer.  For one, I am going to a spring program this afternoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...