Saturday, April 14, 2012

Insomnia


I have battled insomnia my entire life and I’ve learn to adapt and deal with it.  I also know that stress exacerbates the problem.  For the better part of the last year I have been getting by on 2 to 6 hours of sleep a night.  If I was able to get 6 hours I felt like I got a good night’s sleep.  My sleep is almost always interrupted by waking up in the middle of the night between 1:00 and 4:00 and being awake for at least an hour or not able to go back to sleep at all. 

The past three nights I have gone to bed before 10:30, gone to sleep right away, stayed asleep the entire night and woke up around 6:00 when my alarm would normally go off.  I have not slept like this in well over a year.  I cannot begin to tell you how much better I feel, physically.  My energy feels like it is returning and I am motivated to do things. 

If this trend continues I’ll be a whole new woman and I am ready for that.  I think my focus from here on out is to conduct my life in a manner that allows me to sleep better at night.  I know that not every night will be perfect but it has to be better than what it’s been.  Reducing stress and doing more enjoyable things, including my professional life, has to be a priority. 

Do you battle with insomnia?  What are some of the things you do to deal with this situation?

1 comment:

  1. My sister has always had big problems with it. I usually can sleep pretty well, but when I can't, I find that melatonin works for me.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...