Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Meal Planner & Grocery Shopping


No meal planner this month, or next month for that matter, as we are going to clear out the freezers and pantry in preparation of our big move.  My plan this month is to purchase milk and fresh produce and make do with what is already in the house. 

I am going to track my expenses and take what I don’t spend in the next two months and add it to my June grocery budget to restock the cabinets.  Wish me luck!  This will be a whole new adventure unto itself! 

Today I am putting a roast in the slow cooker with red potatoes, baby carrots (I have two bags of leftover carrots to use up), onion and celery.  We will be eating off of this one for awhile this week. 

I am also making up a batch of my black bean soup which I will post the recipe for this week.  It is delicious and it will be nice to come home from work tomorrow and reheat it for a quick-prep meal.  I will make cornbread to go with it.  Yum! 

We’ll see how the week pans out.  I’m not much for flying by the seat of my pants, but here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...