Monday, April 23, 2012

My Recipe Book


I love my recipe book.  It holds all my favorite recipes that I found in magazines, online or received from my friends and co-workers.  It is my go-to book whenever I need a menu planning idea or a quick dessert or side dish for a potluck or a family dinner.  I would be lost without it. 

My recipe book began nearly twenty years ago as a way to organize a lot of little pieces of paper.  I had an old binder and some magnetic photo sheets in a box so I decided to put them to good use.  I have it divided into two sections – savory and sweet. 

Over the years I have added additional pages to it.  I now glue my recipes to card stock and slip them into sheet protectors.  I love that I can wipe off the pages with a damp cloth whenever I splatter on them. 

Along with all the great recipes inside my book I have a ton of memories of the people who have shared their favorites with me.  That is a bonus I wasn’t really expecting when I decided it was time to get organized. 

My recipe book is stuffed with pages and I most likely will need to upgrade to a wider binder in the not too distant future.  That is just fine with me. 

Do you have a recipe book like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...