Saturday, April 7, 2012

Our Week In Review


Right now our whole lives are in a state of flux and my house is a complete wreck.  Yikes! 

Next Saturday, weather permitting, is our Yard Sale.  I have done a lot already and still have plenty to do to get ready for it.  I bought a package of garage sale price tags at the Dollar Store to put on the items we are selling.  I have been pricing as I am purging and deciding what goes.  What we keep is getting packed for the move. 

So far we have managed to go through all the cupboards, drawers and closets inside the house.  I still have the garage to do and plan to tackle that today.  I also need to make Yard Sale signs, draft our ad to put on Craigslist and pack up additional items we can do without for the time being.  The camp trailer needs to be washed on the outside too. 

As far as food goes we have enjoyed some great meals this week: 

We started out Sunday with a pot roast with carrots, red potatoes, onions and celery.  I also steamed some asparagus.  We had leftovers for lunches and again on Tuesday. 

Also on Sunday I put on a pot of Italian Black Bean Soup in my slow cooker and baked an 8X8 pan of cornbread.  We had that on Monday and Wednesday plus lunch. 

Thursday we had Pasta Carbonara.  I have never made that before and the girls loved it.  Super easy and super thrifty.  I’ll definitely be making that again. 

Friday we went out to eat at our favorite neighborhood Mexican restaurant to celebrate the girls getting straight A’s on their report cards.  Our total bill with tip was only $19.59!  We all agreed we are seriously going to miss that place.

Tonight we are going to have BLT sandwiches and Pringles.  The girls are the most excited about this meal so far.  Funny! 

Tomorrow is Easter so we will be spending it with my parents, which leaves me exactly today to get ready for our Yard Sale and do some packing around here.  I also need to bake a cake,  make baked beans, a fruit salad and sometime today dye eggs with the girls.  I can do this!

I hope to clean up and organize a bit.  Although my house is clean, laundry and dishes are done, bills are paid and so forth it is plenty cluttered with all the activities going on.  I don't do well with clutter.

I also still need to figure out what we’ll be eating for supper next week.  I still don’t think we’ve made much of a dent in our pantry and freezers yet.  They are still plenty full. 

I do need to go to the store for milk.  We are almost completely out.  As far as produce goes I have one tomato, a head of lettuce, a little spinach and a bell pepper plus plenty of onions and potatoes and a lot of frozen veggies too.  That should hold us for at least a week if no more.  I still have oranges and two apples too, not to mention all that delicious canned fruit we did last fall. 

So if I stop to pick up some milk and turn in my coupons for a free package of bacon and a free jug of orange juice I should get out of the store pretty cheap this week.

How has your week been going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...