Monday, March 27, 2017

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


Last week was pretty low key and quiet for us, which was kind of nice for a change.  Not a whole lot happened around our place.

We prepared our meals using things we already had on hand in the freezer, refrigerator and pantry. We had quite a bit of produce accumulated too.  I did not do any grocery shopping, or any other shopping for that matter.


I used a rubber spatula to clean every last bit of mayonnaise out of the jar which yielded enough for two and half sandwiches.  I then washed out the jar to save and reuse for food storage for camping.

I will not miss the melted vent on the old light
22 years is long enough to put up with this!

The best thing to happen last week was our friend came back by and put in the new light/fan/heater in the upstairs bathroom.  We fondly bid farewell to the last piece of 1979 that remained in our house.  Looks so nice and works great too.  I am so incredibly happy about it.

The new one looks so much  better!
Works better too!

I used up every last bit of hand lotion I had in a bottle I had set upside down.

We used our fireplace as needed to take the chill off the house, but for the most part we really didn't need any heat.

Before

After

We gave our kitchen scraps to our happy little flock of chickens.  I composted coffee grounds and egg shells.

I worked a little overtime, about an hour and a half.

Kind of crazy, but that was pretty much it.  How was our thrifty week?



8 comments:

  1. The bathroom light looks so much better. Know your happy to get it done..[we had to do the same thing last year.] Still happy , when I look at it.ha

    We had a low key week too.. no shopping [other than picking up milk [put 2 gallons in the freezer.. while it was on sale for $2.18 gallon].
    Hope you and girls have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rinsed out dishw detergent bottle, washed out too many ziplocks to count, got another closet cleaned out-will give you a count of trash can liners filled when I'm done... but I will say I've got 3 brown paper grocery bags filled with hangers ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Three bags of hangers. Fabulous! You are doing great!

      Delete
  3. The new bathroom light fixture looks lovely! I have an old one that is no longer working properly (light works, but fan/heater doesn't) I really must get a new fixture and find someone to install it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That is how ours was. Heater never worked, then the fan conked out and all that was left was the light. So nice to have everything working again.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...