Friday, August 25, 2017

Christmas Prep 2017 - Only 4 Months To Go!


Once the summer ends, we have less than a month to go until it is officially fall, and school starts it seems like the holidays are upon us in no time.  So I've got to make some headway or else I know I'm going to be dreading it.

I did manage to complete a gift for each one of my girls by picking up a couple items on sale at JC Penney while we were out school shopping one day.  I also picked up a couple more stocking stuffers (on sale and with a coupon) at Fred Meyer.  But I am nowhere near ahead of the game.  I seriously need to get my butt in gear.


What I do have is a pretty decent game plan.  It will be a modest Christmas, as they all are.  We don't overdo the gift giving.  We are a family that enjoys the season and time spent with our loved ones more than the presents under our tree.  There are no mountains of expensive gifts piled up in our living room.  That just isn't how we do things.

But I do like to give gifts and I want them to be well thought out and useful.  No point in giving someone something they won't use or enjoy.  And I hate to give them something they feel they need to return.  In that case all you've given them is a chore to do.

Don't these look yummy!  Check out the recipe here.

We are a family of foodies and we have friends that are too, so a lot of our gifts centralize on food or food preparation.  Not a bad way to go, in my opinion.  Even still it takes some thought and a little bit of planning to get things put together.  So I really need to get my rear in gear!

How are you doing?  Making any headway?



11 comments:

  1. Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 months until Christmas.. Where did the time go??
    Yes... this Maw needs to get her rear in gear.smile
    I have done a few stocking stuffers... but really nothing else. We do put money into a Christmas club, each month.. This way, the food/presents are paid for by the time Christmas approaches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great that you have your funds ready to go like that. Good luck with the rear in gear part!

      Delete
  2. I am with you! I am trying to get a couple of things each week. We do give a lot of gifts to each person, but they are a combination of practical, homemade, freebies, or just plain wants, but each gift is wrapped so it looks way more impressive than it actually is, however my sister loves getting a big pack of brightly wrapped toilet paper each year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It cracks me up the things you give your sister. Tremendous fun I say. And I'd like the TP too! ;)

      Delete
  3. Our Christmases are always modest too. We've only ever given our daughter one gift for Christmas, but she also gets tons from family!

    You are so right in that finding a gift that person will enjoy and not want to return is the goal. I love it when someone opens a present and you can just tell they love it :)

    I have to confess I always end up with lots of presents I donate to Goodwill after the holidays. After decluttering our house, I will never go back to "collecting" stuff again!

    I will probably start "Christmas-ing" (my new word - ha!) after Halloween. I just can't mentally start until then :)

    D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Christmas-ing. I do the Goodwill thing too, but don't tell anyone. (shhh)

      Delete
  4. Nope. I have done nothing; will be late as always.

    Ebenezer Scrooge @ GetMeToTheCountry.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you know it was me? I didn't sign my real name? Oh, I see, my Google ID. I always get caught.

      Delete
  5. We do mostly homemade items for Christmas as it means so much more and no one needs a bunch more stuff in our family that will only gather dust. ;) I am putting in a request for more cobbler style aprons for me with my mom though, because she can whip those up and they really are my favorite style to wear since they cover the whole front of me and are not slipping and taking up residence between the "ladies". ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like my kind of apron Debbie! Homemade really is best, I agree. And you are so right. None of us needs more junk.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...