Thursday, July 30, 2020

Easy Carne Asada


I am quite confident this is not authentic carne asada at all, but it is super easy to throw together and it tastes pretty darn good too.  I had picked up a nice hunk of meat already sliced and marked down for a quick sale.  At that price I couldn't pass it up.

 



I placed it in my slow cooker and covered it with a small can of red enchilada sauce.  I cooked it on high for four hours and it was done.  Tender, juicy and quite flavorful.

 


I made some rice so my girls could use that as the base for a burrito bowl.  I chopped up the meat and we topped it with queso fresca, sour cream, avocado and a squeeze of lime.  Fantastic!

 


This would also be wonderful as the meat for tacos or burritos.  I like to use the street taco size tortillas or corn tortillas for the tacos.  You can use some rice in the burritos too.  Tons of delicious possibilities.

 


4 comments:

  1. Looks easy and delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 things: you only had enchilada sauce in the crockpot? that's so cool and what is queso fresca?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a Mexican fresh cheese, kind of like mozzarella. We love it. It crumbles like feta too.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...