Thursday, July 9, 2020

One Thing


What is one thing you can do today that will make your life better?  Just one thing?  Think about it.  And then do it.  Every day ask yourself that one question and then act on it.  It is incredibly empowering.  Before you realize it you will have set in motion changes that will dramatically impact your quality of life. 



I talked about this before in a post I wrote on the first of May.  Doing this one simple thing has made a profound difference in my own life.  Now I find myself doing multiple things each day to make my life better.  Simple little things, subtle changes, bigger things and bigger changes.  In the past two months a lot of good things have been happening. 



Need some ideas?  Well, here we go.  I have a few in mind:

  • Put some money into savings
  • Clean your car
  • Polish your shoes
  • Pay your bills
  • Mend something that has a hole in it
  • Clean out your purse or wallet
  • Toss out old receipts and junk mail
  • Clear out the junk drawer
  • Take steps to pay off debt
  • Take a walk
  • Go grocery shopping with a list
  • Fix something that is broken
  • De-clutter your clothes
  • Replace a missing button
  • Take out the trash, all of it
  • Sweep out the garage
  • Plan a vacation
  • Set a goal
  • Paint a room
  • Change your oil
  • Shampoo your carpet
  • Do the laundry, all of it
  • Pull some weeds
  • Prepare a healthy meal
  • Cut the cable or phone bill
  • Plant flowers
  • Spend less money
  • Find a less expensive option for something
  • De-clutter a closet
  • Make jam
  • Clean underneath the refrigerator (or stove)
  • Recycle
  • Vacuum under the bed
  • Create a meal plan
  • Wash the windows, inside & out
  • Check the air pressure on your tires
  • Do some financial planning
  • Eat more veggies
  • Hike up a hill
  • Schedule a dentist/doctor appointment
  • Read
  • Pack your lunch
  • Learn a new task
  • Take a technology break
  • Give thanks 



There are countless more ideas and I’m sure you can come up with a lot of things too.  Are you doing anything like this?  I’d love to hear what you are doing.  Please share. 

 

 


15 comments:

  1. I look at a pile of things or something out of place and tell myself i will do that one thing before I go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since Covid stay at home started I have sent a card in the US mail to friend and family near and far. Some I haven't seen in 20 years. Just trying to spread a little joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently read "Atomic Habits". From that I chose to do this: before I sit down with my first cup of coffee, 3 little tasks need to be done. Today: unload dishwasher, put away hand washed pots/pans, feed cats, medicate 1 cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For about 1 year before moving to this place (our new build) I tried to remove 3 things/day from my home. Now, I aim for 3 things/week. We're planning another build (long story) so even though the daily purge got us pretty bare bones, I am aiming for 3 days/week where I remove 3 things/day. This, together with COVID restrictions, means a lot less things wind up coming in to our homes as well--not a lot of browsing the stores. Also, I write at least one letter/month to relatives or friends on the opposite coast. Writing letters helps keep my mind sharp, and I know the recipients appreciate them, even if they don't respond--though most actually do! Win/Win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finish a book. (sigh) It's more than a month overdue now, but I think I'm heading toward the finish line! So tired of working on it, and getting little sleep. And it's been really hot here in Colorado.

    Gripe moan complain. Back to it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even want to talk about where I'm at with my book (sigh)

      Delete
  6. Having the same issue, Cindy. I am trying to go to bed and get up earlier a little each day to have time for dog training or to get a chore done or to read a few chapters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get up earlier, but lately I've been struggling with getting to bed on time. So much to do around here!

      Delete
  7. My 1 thing is the same 1 thing as it has been for several weeks now. Work at Mom's getting ready for an estate sale and eventual sale of her house. It has been consuming but has to be done so my sister and I can have some free time to do what we want rather than what has to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This idea has caused me quite a bit of thinking. I copied your list, put it on my computer desktop, deleted some of your ideas and replaced them with mine. They are the things that worry me as I walk through the house but I never have time to do (sweep the basement steps, change the air filter, fingerprints off of the door handles). As I do the one thing, it is drug to the bottom of the list.
    I hope it helps me keep my sanity.

    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...