Thursday, January 21, 2021

Three Day Weekends

 


Another goal that I have for 2021 is to have a minimum of one three day weekend each month, if not longer, so I can enjoy being at home more.  I love my home and I love the many, many things I like to do in my home so I want to spend more time here.  As I am nearing my retirement date I feel now is the time to start winding down and easing myself into it more.  And my boss is completely on board with my plan which is absolutely wonderful.

 

A friend of mine got me this T-shirt

Fortunately with all of the holidays factored in I will be able to schedule my longer weekends and still have plenty of vacation available if I do want to take a little trip, go camping or simply have a staycation.  I think it is really important to have time away from work to do the things we love to do.  I only wish I'd made this decision much sooner.

 


I'm super excited about this and of course I have a zillion ideas running around in my head of all the things I want to do instead of going to work.  It feels amazing to know I have this time to do some of these things now.  Me time!  I love it!!

 


We just had a three day weekend for New Years and I'm taking the last Friday of this month off so I actually get to enjoy two three day weekends off this month.  Who hoooo!  I think that is a great way to get started!

 

 

11 comments:

  1. I need to do this too! You are right if you factor in holidays it honestly doesn't take much extra vacation time. I have already had my three day this month, due to working for a state university we received the holiday last month in observance of Dr King. We also get President's day next month so yes off to a great start!

    Enjoy your time. I am still working on managing my time at home but we have a new baby (puppy) and I am enjoying holding him at night. They are only babies once right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am super excited for my first 3 day weekend coming up next week. Congratulations on the new puppy!

      Delete
  2. I really like your plan. I had a three day weekend in January (we also received MLK day off) & I have one in February (President's Day). I don't have anything scheduled for March, but do have something in April. Guess I'll have to see what i can do in March!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will so love that you're planning long weekends. I started that about 10y before I retired. 3-4d weekends frequently did much more for my mental health than a week a few times/year.

    Enjoy....Enjoy....Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that tshirt and want one, too! Three days weekends do allow a bit of a letdown from work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful to prepare for retirement. I have 8 years to go at least; dh has 5. But we are farmers also, so we won't really retire. Just stop working at our off-the-farm jobs. I look forward to those days when I can just be home, working on what I want to do in the house or garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting super excited for those days. Puttering around the house sounds like a slice of heaven.

      Delete
  6. My husband is planning on retiring in the next couple of years? Subject to change but he’s planning on having 240 hours of vacation at that time because he’ll get paid for it. So that’s 1 1/2 months pay coming his way. Plus he had tons of time so he can take time now and still have plenty when he retires

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could rollover more vacation time to store up for retirement but we are capped at 165 a year. Then it is use it or lose it. I don't want to give any of it away so my longer weekends will help me make sure I don't. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...