Monday, May 10, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


Did you all have a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday?  My girls (my greatest blessings) made my day absolutely perfect!



I made it through my first week back at work.  I worked four hours each day and was less than thrilled at how tired that made me.  Twice I had to nap when I got home.  It is what it is and I'm just glad I at least get to go to work, even if it is only part-time.  Baby steps.

 

I used up some of my scraps to make this card.  I think it is so pretty!

I literally spent all of Sunday in my craft room making birthday cards and it was a ton of fun!  I was able to get a few more sets of birthday cards completed and on Monday I photographed them all and put them up in my Etsy shop.

 


On Wednesday I had an appointment with my new regular doctor.  She and I hit it off immediately and I am just thrilled.  She really talked to me about all the things that are going on with me, and it's a list right now, and she really listened to me too.  Answered all of my questions and rather than tell me what to do she discussed all of my options and allowed me to choose for myself.  First time in my life I've left a doctor's office feeling like that was a good visit.  It was actually pretty great!  Plus, she used to be an ER doctor so I feel very confident in her abilities.  I honestly feel the Lord has been steering me on this path and I will have all the help I need.  I am so incredibly blessed and fortunate right now.

 

Sausages on sale for $1.99, strawberries $2.79 for 2# pkg, and
a few markdown items including almond extract for only $.25! 

Thursday, Friday and Saturday I managed to get all of my errands, mainly grocery shopping done.  On the way home from work on Thursday I stopped and topped up my gas tank which I am very glad I did because prices jumped up another 6¢ a gallon overnight.  Ridiculous!

 

It's whole wheat bread too which I prefer.  Yay!

Friday on the way home from work I stopped in at Fred Meyer armed with some digital coupons for a few items and found a few markdowns.  I was especially excited about the low carb bread I found.  I was able to pick up three loaves for the same price I pay for one loaf of the Keto bread.  It does have more net carbs, but not so many I'm not willing to eat it!  I am also hoping it tastes a little better.  I'll let you know what I think.

 

This is no joke!  Total spent on this haul $1.01!!

Saturday my daughter and I did some fun shopping for FREE groceries.  Who doesn't appreciate free stuff?!  We got so much it warrants its own blog post about it so make sure you check back here for that.  You'll be amazed!

 

I haven't had much of an appetite lately so I went for the comfort food

THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  Leftovers from the week before, nachos, ramen, tomato soup, home canned chili.  We were a little bit lazy last week.

 


THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS:
 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - Cleaned mirrors, vacuumed floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Kitchen & Dining Room -  Vacuumed & spot mopped floors, cleaned range hood & vent, cleaned & reorganized refrigerator.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - one large load of laundry.  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & both entryways.  Swept, purged some things and tided up our garage.  Swept front porch & our back deck.  Reorganized guest bedroom closet.  Purged some craft & sewing supplies.


I did some more purging and emptied a couple more bins

THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  I made foaming hand soap solution to refill the dispenser in our kitchen.  I shopped our prepper pantry to fill in a few gaps I had in our pantry, mainly some canned goods and mayonnaise.  I added a 12ct package of toilet paper (on sale for $3.99) and two tubes of toothpaste (on sale for 79¢ each) to our prepper pantry.  I downloaded digital grocery store coupons in order to spend less on items at the grocery store.

 

A nice variety package

THINGS I DID TO EARN EXTRA $$:  I added more inventory to my Etsy shop.  I redeemed my credit card rewards points to purchase a $25 gift card to Albertsons to use for groceries.  I also filled a new prescription and was eligible again to get another $25 gift card to Albertsons.  I now have $75 in free gift cards that I have acquired this year. That will help us so much with our grocery budget.

 

I got these coupons in the mail

How was your thrifty week?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...