Tuesday, November 30, 2021

A Thrifty November Recap


TO BEGIN WITH:  I began the month of November with $152 in my checking account, $28 and some coins in my wallet, a nearly full tank of gas in the car and half of a tank of fuel in the truck.  I was feeling pretty good about things as we headed into the month.

 


With my first paycheck I was able to pay all of our monthly bills and made my savings goals.  I also topped up the fuel tanks on both my car and the truck.  With my next check I paid the mortgage payment for December and completed my savings goals for the month.  Our annual car insurance bill is due in November and I had the money in savings to cover that in full.  I used my credit card to make the payment so I could accrue a lot of points to redeem for a gift card and then I paid the credit off before it could incur any interest charges.

 


NEXT STEPS:  Last month I used some of my savings to cover the balance of my travel expenses to Minnesota.  I have a plan in place to replace that amount as soon as possible and I am halfway there.  In December I will be able to finish getting all of that put back into savings and then some.

 




WAYS I SAVED $$:  Once again we were super careful with our power use, we made sure to have virtually no food waste, and we only spent money on items we needed.

 


LOOKING BACK:  I was thrilled to be able to take care of all of our expenses, put money back into savings, bump up my retirement savings contributions and even add more food to our prepper pantry using only the extra money I earned working some overtime hours.

 


LOOKING AHEAD:  As we sit at the moment I am still debt free, my savings accounts are looking great, we have everything we need and we are ready for Christmas as well as the New Year.  What an incredible blessing!  So much to be incredibly thankful for.  November was a fantastic month!  And December is ahead and full of possibilities.

  

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! You really have a handle on things. All of your hard work is really paying off!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...