Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Counting My Blessings


There is no doubt in my mind how truly blessed I am.  All I have to do is look at my children to know that God is very good to me.  I count my blessings on a daily basis and thank God for all that I have at this moment.  I find, for me, that Thanksgiving is the perfect holiday to honor Him. 

Throughout the day we talk about what we are most thankful for while we cook wonderful foods and, all the while, I feel so blessed that I am able to do so.  Time spent with my family sharing the process of preparing our meal and setting the table with china, crystal and silver that has been passed down through the generations.  It is an event, not to be overshadowed with sales flyers and Black Friday shopping. 

We say grace and eat our wonderful supper with great conversation.  It is a special time of togetherness.  And the next day as we work through the leftovers and hang the tangled Christmas lights up outside I will continue to count my blessings every day, for I know, beyond all shadow of doubt, I am truly, truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...