Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Our Holiday Traditions - Thanksgiving


I do believe that holiday traditions are important.  At least is seems that way to my children.  I love it when I suggest a holiday activity and they respond with “Yeah, its tradition.” 

Our traditions begin at Thanksgiving.  While our turkey roasts and the sides are prepped we watch football on TV and set up a card table in the living room.  Then we break out the puzzles and get to work.  A lot of fun visiting occurs over the puzzle table.  After our meal and dishes we take a walk through the neighborhood and return for pie and more puzzle time.  We often will set up a game or two at the dining room table. 

While most people are shopping the Black Friday sales we are sleeping in and enjoying a lazy morning.  Once the sun has warmed things up a bit outside we will grab the red tote in the garage and a ladder and head out.  It is time to put the Christmas lights up on the front of the house.  We will also put the wreath up by the front door. 

This year we will be doing a holiday bazaar on Black Friday and that Saturday too.  We are hosting it at our business with a handful of crafters I happen to know.  I am mostly looking forward to the time spent together with my friends and the new people we hope to meet.  My girls will be having a bake sale at their booth. 

After we finish up on Saturday we’ll head home and get our lights up.  There will be plenty of daylight left and a turkey sandwich to devour once we are through.  YUM! 

So with a little flexibility we’ll make sure those traditions are still done and my girls will have those memories to store in the archives of their little brains.  It is a great time of year and I am getting excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...