Friday, July 18, 2014

Investment Cooking - Pizza Dough


The other day my daughter and I got busy with the bread machine and made up three batches of pizza dough to put away in our freezer.  My recipe is super simple and doesn't really take very long to make but it is still nice to be able to pull one of these balls of dough out in the morning, stick it in the refrigerator and by the time I am ready to make dinner it is thawed and ready to go.  On a busy week night it is a nice time saver.

My pizza dough recipe:

Pizza Dough

2 cups flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp. yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. oil
1 cup hot water

Place ingredients in bread machine pan and start on dough cycle.  Add additional water or flour if needed until dough comes together in a nice smooth ball.  Turn off machine and allow dough to rest 10 minutes.  

You can use all white flour if you prefer.

We took each batch and divided it in half forming two equal sized balls of dough.  The balls of dough were put into sandwich bags and into the freezer before they could begin to rise.  When we were done I put all six bags into a one gallon zipper bag.  I find this helps prevent freezer burn.

If you don’t have a bread machine you could certainly do this with your mixer and dough hooks or by hand even.  It is not difficult at all. 

Do you make homemade pizza dough?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...