Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Black Bean Enchiladas


Many of you have asked for my black bean enchilada recipe and to be honest I don't really have one.  I just kind of throw crap together and it is, what it is.  So I'll tell you what I usually do.

This

and this

become this

In an oiled 9" X 13" baking pan I layer corn tortillas with two cups of cooked black beans and a can of diced tomatoes mixed in with some kind of veggies, usually frozen corn, chopped onions, carrots, zucchini and bell peppers, that I've sautéed in some olive oil.  You can use whatever veggies you like.

A layer of enchilada sauce in the bottom of the pan

a layer of tortillas

a layer of the bean and veggie mixture, then sprinkle with cheese

and repeat until you get to the top of the pan and top with more sauce

I top each layer with some shredded medium or sharp cheddar and canned red enchilada sauce.  Place a sheet of foil over the top and bake in a preheated 350°oven for about 35 to 40 minutes.  I like to let it sit about 15 minutes before cutting and serving.  It is wonderful with a little dollop of sour cream too.

and a final sprinkle of cheese
Cover with foil and it is ready for the overn!

Pretty simple and always delicious.  Healthy too!


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I had added black bean enchiladas o my meal plan for the week. This gives me some great ideas. I layer my enchiladas too - it is more work if you roll them and after work who needs more work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and for some reason I just can't get rolled ones to stay put and they tear.

      Delete
  2. Yummy... Looks so good.. i will try this .. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...