Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Blessed & Grateful

I was leaving the grocery store last week and as I pushed the cart toward my car I had this overwhelming thought hit me.  I told my girls.

"We don't need anything."

The girls agreed.  At that moment we needed nothing, not even the items in our shopping cart.

On the way home we tried to come up with something, but quickly realized how truly blessed we really are.  And I am so incredibly grateful for that.

We have a lovely little home in pretty decent shape.  We take care of it and keep it tidy and it serves our needs quite well.  We each have our own bedroom and inside we each have a comfortable bed with warm blankets, plenty of clothing and shoes.


The heat works, the A/C units work and we have box fans too.  The water runs, hot and cold.

We are fortunate in that we have two bathrooms.  Everything functions as it should and the cupboards are adequately stocked with items to keep us clean, first aid supplies should we hurt ourselves, medicines in case we are ill and plenty of toilet paper.

Our kitchen is nice and clean.  We have a fully functioning sink, stove, refrigerator and dishwasher.  The pantry, freezers and refrigerator are full of good, healthy food and there are adequate dishes and pots & pans to prepare and eat our meals.

The girls have everything they need to go to school and get an education.  Instruments to play and activities to participate in that help them grow and broaden their minds and experiences.  We have pets to enjoy and enhance our lives along with the means and ability to care for them.


I'm grateful all of us our healthy.  I'm grateful to have a job.  I'm grateful that I have friends and family that love me.  I'm grateful for all of the things I've learned and the knowledge I've acquired.  I'm grateful for the opportunities that await me.  I'm grateful that my needs are met and my wants are few.

I know I'm blessed.


I am also very grateful for all the wonderful people who read my blog and for all the lovely comments they choose to leave.  Thank you.



25 comments:

  1. I love this post! You just reminded me that we too have everything we need! And as a reader, I appreciate your lovely posts. I ALWAYS get something from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Candace. Aren't we lucky to have everythign we need?

      Delete
  2. I was walking with Hub's last night and said something snarky about my life always being so hard and then I had an overwhelming sense of guilt. I am so blessed. Shame on me. I am blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have those moments though. We are just fortunate to know when we do that it isn't really true. ;0)

      Delete
  3. I had the same thoughts last night when I dropped dinner off to my husband at work. He works 12 hour days, often 6 days a week. As soon as I saw him I instantly thought, "I need to remember this always." I forget how fortunate I am in so many ways. Last year I had a run-in with two bouts of pre-cancer and he was there for me every step of the way through three surgeries and radiation treatment. I am so very grateful for everything we have, I cannot even wholly express it.

    D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are doing well and continue to do so. I'm so happy you have each other.

      Delete
  4. I know this feeling as well. All that you mention is true for me as well. Thanks for such a great blog. Nannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a true blessing.. Loved the post.. I want to take the time, to realize..."We don't need anything".. So very true.. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful reminder that many of us are truly blessed! Thank you. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely! I have this feeling semi regularly. Not as often as I should, I'm sure. But, it's so nice to have the reminder that life is good & we have the people we love around us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just loved this post! It's so true, how blessed we are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad. This post seems to hit home with a lot of people. :)

      Delete
  9. Thank you for reminding me how good life really is for us.
    Jeannie @ GetMeToTheCountry.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...