Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Stuffed Bell Peppers (Or Meatloaf)



Some of you have requested to know what I filled my bell peppers with and the truth is it is practically my meatloaf recipe minus any type of cracker or bread crumbs or oatmeal.  So what did I replace the crumbs with?  Mushrooms.

Low Carb Stuffed Bell Peppers

2 bell peppers
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
1 egg
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt & pepper

Cut each pepper into thirds, remove seeds and ribs, rinse and pat dry.  Line the peppers up in a lightly oiled baking dish.  



Place remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix until well blended.  Evenly divide the meat mixture among the peppers.  


Cover with foil and bake at 400° for 35 to 45 minutes until peppers are tender.  Serves 6.


You can also shape the meat mixture in a meatloaf or mini meatloaves if you wish.  Pretty versatile and of course completely keto/low carb.  We have really enjoyed it and the mushrooms work really well as a substitute for the crumbs you would usually add to meatloaf.  Good flavor and it also makes some pretty tasty meatballs too.



6 comments:

  1. Oh those look good! I tried a new to me recipe that tasted like french toast last week. One egg, a tbsp cream cheese, tbsp butter, dash of cinnamon, dash of splenda..... bake (not microwave) for 15 min in 350 oven. Serve with SF pancake syrup.... definitely a keeper! I double the recipe and baked in a small casserole dish. Hubby loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stuffed bell peppers and make them sans grains all the time. I use grated carrots and grated zucchini as filler and no one here has a clue I changed them. I am going to try the mushroom variety (When mushrooms are 69 cents at Aldi)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that too. Great way to sneak those extra veggies in on the kids, huh? Hee, hee.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...