Monday, April 30, 2018

Last Week's Thrifty Moves Last Week's Thrifty Moves



It's the last day of the month!  Holy cow!

Sunday morning was another pretty spring day.  A little cool and breezy, but sunny.  I started out my day by planting my big flower pot and setting it up on the front porch by the door and then helping my daughter plant a pot of daisies that she set at the porch step.  Lovely.

Making homemade refried beans

Later in the afternoon I trimmed both girls hair for them.  We also made a big pot of beans which became a big pot of refried beans.  We put up several containers into the freezer for future meals as well as one in the fridge to enjoy now.

Tuesday morning I got up early and made a batch of Zucchini Bites.  I hadn't made those in a long time and since they are keto friendly I thought I should.  I'll have to post the recipe soon as they are great as an appetizer or for breakfast.  Packed with lots of great nutrition too.  We love them.


Tuesday afternoon my youngest had an orthodontist appointment.  Wednesday afternoon she had cheer practice which ended just in time for me to swing by and pick her up on the way to take the oldest in for an orthodontic follow up appointment.  Since that appointment was on the opposite end of town I made the most of the trip by stopping in at Walmart to return some things and pick up the items on my list.  I was careful not to spend more than what the returns netted so I didn't have to spend anything extra.


On Thursday more cheer practice and the oldest babysat.  Then Friday my youngest had a field day with a rival school while my oldest and I attended a dinner where she was awarded her first college scholarship.  Not a big one, but nothing to turn ones nose up at.  Proud mommy moment to be sure!  The dinner was nice and as luck turned out mostly keto friendly.  I passed on the rolls, potatoes and dessert, but the chicken, green beans and caprese salad were fantastic!

My daughter loved this salad

On the way home from the dinner we still had an hour before it was time to pick up the youngest.  We stopped into Home Depot to pick up some supplies.  I used a $25 Visa gift card I had earned last year on one of the wellness programs I participated in at work to cover most of the amount.  I used the rest of the return money from Walmart to cover the remaining balance.

Here's a hint!

Saturday arrived and I got busy on my next much awaited home improvement project.  I have been wanting to do this ever since we moved back into our house three and a half years ago.  I'll tell you more about that later in the week.  Super excited!

Another hint

I did not do any grocery shopping last week.  And for the most part I didn't really spend any money thanks to the return items at Walmart and the Visa gift card.

How was your thrifty week?



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your daughter's scholarship!

    I'm guessing you're either gonna tile or paint :)

    I love Caprese salad too. Looking forward to the zucchini recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    You are so right. It is one of those two things. Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...